Wolgast Corporation Marks 75th Anniversary!
Saginaw, MI - For the first 52 years, the Wolgast family owned and operated Wolgast Corporation. Started by Gerald Wolgast as G.H. Wolgast Masonry in 1948, his motto of “Do it right the first time, every time” has been his legacy that still steers the company today. Gerald’s sons, Lynn and the late Patrick and Mark Wolgast left their own legacy on the general contracting company by diversifying to include Design-Build and Construction Management services, helping start the local Associated Builders and Contractors Association Chapter, and forging a relationship with McDonald’s Corporation in the 1980s. Since then, we have built close to 300 new or rebuilt McDonald’s restaurants and remodeled nearly twice that many. The Wolgast brothers also chose to succeed their business to the employees and started the process of becoming an Employee-Owned Company in 2000. Soon after, they named Brian Stadler as President, marking the first time that a non-family member held such a key position.